MetaOptima Technology Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest growing startups looking for a highly-driven and talented individual interested in working with our core management team. We design and build complex and cool devices and software and develop the next generation of mobile and web digital health solutions. Our goal is to facilitate faster and more accurate care for anyone, anywhere. We are focused on empowering physicians with mobile health technologies and providing tools for dermatology and the early detection of skin cancer.
- Providing assistance to design and production team and technical support for a diverse range of projects including mechanical, electrical, and optical designs.
- Schematic design and layout (Experience with circuit design tools like: Eagle and Altium).
- Develop technical documentation (drawings, BOM, datasheets) within framework of accepted department standards and procedures.
- Prepare final working drawings from engineering concepts and update current database under the direction of senior Engineers.
- Provide information and assist in finding solutions to Engineering and Manufacturing issues.
- Work with vendors to develop special processes and capabilities.
- PCB assembly (hand soldering & reflow), bring up and debugging.
- Assembly and packaging hardware devices.
- Other miscellaneous duties related to the position and as directed.
- Currently enrolled in a mechanical / electrical / mechatronics engineering, engineering physics or a related program
- In good academic standing.
- Good knowledge of 3D print, 3D designing and 2D drawing with SolidWorks.
- Exposure to Raspberry Pi and other prototyping platforms.
- Experience with test fixture design and communication protocols (SPI, I2C, RS232).
- Familiar with assembly and test methods.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Interested in learning, R&D challenges and innovation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Lots of exciting new projects
- Competitive remuneration