We are looking for creative individuals who are eager to make a real impact on millions of people’s lives by helping us build and enhance our SaaS web application. As a backend developer, you work closely with our engineers who work on the Android and iOS platforms throughout all stages of the development cycle. You will help us maintain and improve our web application and our RESTful web service. You will help us build a mission-critical infrastructure that enables our engineers to iterate at the fastest pace.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Python application development (Knowledge of Django is a plus).
- Experience in Backend MVC web application development.
- Working experience with Linux server administration and scripting languages.
- Strong experience in relational database (MySQL preferred).
- Experience building tools for development automation (building, testing, releasing or monitoring).
- Experience using source control tools (we use Git).
- Experience developing networked applications and using or building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies (SSL, etc.) is a plus.
- Self-motivated, and good team working skills.
- Being able to write efficient and well-documented code.
- Experience in Apache, Memcache, Jboss, or Tomcat and other open source web server software is a plus.
- You are resourceful, a fast learner and curious about the latest tech and industry trends.
- Enhancing and developing the backend software that powers our platform.
- Being responsible for tuning, refactoring, and optimizing our databases for high scale should excite you.
- Monitoring system performance and planning for future capacity and scaling.
- Creating a repeatable automated deployment process for internal and production environments.
- Investigating bugs, diagnosing issues, assisting the team in troubleshooting system issues in all environments.
- Working closely with the engineering team in delivering ongoing releases and updates.
- Defining and documenting the end-to-end release process.
- Being involved in making critical decisions that shape our technology stack.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express. We offer a competitive salary, vacation, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package (including extended health, vision, and dental) and smartwatches. If you are interested and passionate about doing things that really matter send us your resume and join us on this amazing journey.